Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dayton


Dayton is the apple of my eye, but some how seems to get lost in a conversation. He my most challenging kid and with all my love and patients... some days takes more than I can seem to dig up! The day this picture was taking was a happy moment for him and I. We played and sing and dance and just had the one on one connection. The hugs are awesome. The smiles.. how can you not smile yourself!
Most days,we are calm.... but of course there are lots of moments we get lost and haveing screaming batttels and head butt the walls,doors, floor or even to another human... mostly MOM!
Dayton has always been set different from birth... by the time he was pushing 2.... I knew in my heart he was a bit different than a 'typical' Down Syndrome boy. He also been dignosed with ADHD but it was something more than that. I pushed and for more testing.. and he does have autism. On any given day... I would be so greatful to loose this dignose but, I know it part of him and I will love him more and more even if it takes alot more than I have some days. Dayton loves to play with our dog ONLY if there a fence between them. He loves to 'watch' other kid jump. He sometimes likes to play basketball. Recently discovered the leapster, that his sister got for Christmas. So mabey for his birthday with the basket ball goal(bigger one) and bigger TV, we will go ahead and get him his own leapster. Recently had his IEP for next school term. Dayton will enter in 2nd grade and go to a first grade reading class and 5K math calendar time. He doing well adjusting to other kids and even starting to touch and play with a few kids in class.
I am so proud how far he come in life and pray that the next 7yrs we will have as much or more sucess!!!

No comments: