I arrived at school at 3:15 to pick her up.The bell rings at 3:10. I waited a few secs...got out went to her room and looked around. I asked where is Courtney. The subsitute said, I am not sure. HUH my heart sank! I said what you mean? She looked dumbfounded for a min and said she went with Mrs. F. (paraprofessional). OK.. where they go? She must have walked to the bus ramp with her. Sent another teacher go see. She came back 10-15mins later.. NO COURTNEY! HUH.. I am starting to shake now. They can't find Mrs.F and assume Courtney got on the bus? Umm WHY she get on the bus? We told you several times she is a CAR RIDER not to ride the bus! All excuses under the sun not hearing me say that, Rusty saying that either! Who was they listening to when we said it over and over! At this time it pushing nearly 3:45 and we swaped cell #'s and I headed home and calling bus yard asking them to track her down. Finally by 4:00! We are heading back to MIDDLE SCHOOL to meet the bus and 'assume the girl is Courtney" WHAAAA I am so scared... Rusty met me out there. I called the director of special ed and left a message her to call me! Well by 4:45 here rolls a bus.. and a very cute blond lethargic kid comes off the bus... oh my... it Courtney! I was so thrilled to see her. I just hugged her and thank GOD once again for watching over her safely!!!!The director called me by 5:15 and we talked.. we will be meeting thursday or friday about all this!
I am SURE NOW they ALL KNOW she is a car rider unless a note in hand saids to ride bus!
Sad thing, my angel was NOT the only one got on the bus was not suppose to be!!! There was another girl in Courtney's class too.
Several reason we are not doing the bus this year....1.. Courtney stated she did not want to ride the bus anymore. 2.. It is HOT heat index today was 106... there NO AIR on the bus but hot fan circulating! 3... I fear what if too much.
What a mental exhausted DAY! Tomorrow is Dayton first day in school! I was so ready but now.. I am not!
Here is a picture of Courtney yesterday... ready for school....


4 comments:
How very scary. I hope that you can sort it out at the school so that you don't go through such a scare again. I'm so glad that Courtney had a good first day otherwise!! :O)
Geeze! That is scary!! I just love her cute little Eeyore purse!! She looks sooooo grown up.
Hey I just realized that I dont have your blog link on my site since Rebecca re did it, there is a couple that got lost in the shuffle. Can I add you back to it?
I visit all the time, and you are such an inspriation to me.
Hugs!! Pam and Rhett
It happened to us, too! It sure is scary!
That is so scarey! I'm so glad God protected her!!
Post a Comment